Saturday, June 23, 2012

Wolf Lake Fire Tower

Wolf Lake was a 81 foot ladder tower erected by the state forest service in 1929. It was sold in 1998 and removed the next year. A state radio tower stands at the site. The leg anchors remain at the site. Don Wilson wrote about erecting a 40 foot tower as the first tower at this site (see Be A Forest Ranger, Don Wilson, 1986, pg 77).

April 2012 - footing
April 2012 - footing
April 2012